Congress should provide a 5 year extension of the following tax incentives, in order to provide policy stability and certainty to investors in the broad array of domestic alternative fuels, vehicles and technologies.
- Tax credit that supports electric charging, natural gas, propane and biofuels infrastructure
- Tax credit for sellers of natural gas and propane
- Tax credit for producers of biodiesel and cellulosic biofuels
- Special depreciation allowance for cellulosic biofuel plant property
- Tax credit for conversion to plug-in hybrid vehicles
- Tax credit for purchases of alternative fuel vehicles (Maintain credit for electric vehicles and reinstate credit for natural gas and propane vehicles)