COMMUNICATION INTERN (PT)
TRANSPORTATION ENERGY PARTNERS
About Transportation Energy Partners
Transportation Energy Partners (TEP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating clean jobs and clean communities by reducing America’s dependence on petroleum-based fuels. TEP provides educational and policy support to nearly 90 Clean Cities Coalitions across the U.S. Since 1993, the Clean Cities coalitions have played a leading role in implementing local programs and projects to deploy alternative fuels, vehicles, and infrastructure. The Clean Cities coalitions and their stakeholders have displaced more than 11.5 billion gallons of petroleum.
The communications intern will maintain and build TEP’s communications channels to enhance the impact and visibility of TEP and two of it’s major initiatives: 1) Drive Clean Rural USA, a Department of Energy-funded program to help rural communities in eight states increase their use of clean fuel vehicles and advanced vehicle technologies and 2) TEP’s annual Energy Independence Summit, which brings the nation’s Clean Cities leaders to Washington, DC to update and educate stakeholders and federal policy makers on the community’s policy priorities.
- Write and design a wide range of content including presentations and marketing, education, and outreach materials
- Keep TEP and Drive Clean Rural USA websites up to date
- Develop social media content for partners
- Write and design email blasts
- Support communication with TEP partners and sponsors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in sustainability and clean energy issues
- Experience creating and posting web content
- Working proficiencies in Canva and Mailchimp or other email marketing program desired
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
Compensation: $17 per hour, 10-15 hours per week (may be increased depending on availability and demand.)
To apply: Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Communications intern
Transportation Energy Partners is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status, or partnership status.